The Parents Association of Intellectually Impaired Individuals (E.G.N.Y.A.) is an accredited non-profit, charitable association supervised by the Greek Ministry of Labor, Social Security and Welfare, as well as the administrative authority of the Attica Region (East Attica unit).
Our association (E.G.N.Y.A.) was founded in 1973 by parents of individuals with mental disabilities, while it was recognized as a charitable association in 1977 (government gazette No. FEK 535/B’/11-6-77). E.G.N.Y.A. is administered by a board of directors consisting of 7 elected members among parents and supporters. According to its founding statutory declaration the purpose of E.G.N.Y.A. is “advancing the protection, care, education, development of skills, physical improvement and vocational training, as well as the rehabilitation, social integration, including involvement in sports, of the mentally disabled adult individuals of both sexes”. Today, our services are provided to more than 50 challenged participants with an IQ score over 30.
«STEGI OF E.G.N.Y.A.»
STEGI installations were built following the European standards, while all training facilities are certified by official government agencies. STEGI has been granted the recognitions of specialized vocational training center and non-profit provider of social care.
The maximum capacity of the center is 60 internal and 60 external members. Stegi has:
- Workshops for education and employment.
- Dormitories for every two persons.
- Multipurpose hall, spacious and luminous, used as restaurant, for festivities and gatherings.
- Modern and fully equipped kitchen.
- Indoor gym and outdoor space for training, activities and sports.
- Properly equipped physiotherapy center.
- Board Room, Halls of Director, Special Scientific Committee and Secretary, Accounting Chamber and Medical Hall.
- Library with a variety of books.
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS